Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Scrappy Dresden and an afternoon outing






We have done over 30 Blocks for  The Splendid Sampler Quilt so far and a week or so ago we did this sweet little Dresden Plate. (Hope to have a photo of all the Blocks I have done  very soon) 


 Amazing what a little inspiration will lead to. Out came my scraps and a lovely piece of fabric found at an Op Shop  and my Scrappy Dresden Plate was born. Top almost done, just need to applique them all onto the background fabric.


Before I can quilt the Dresden Plate Quilt I will finish quilting this one. I completed the top 18 months ago! Time gets away doesn't it? I am about a quarter of the way through the quilting. Now it has turned cold it will be much easier to sit and quilt, as long as I can keep my dog off my knee!!


This afternoon instead of getting on with the aforementioned quilting, Mum and I went and watched Alice through the Looking Glass. I enjoyed it even though it is probably not the best movie you will ever see.


We treated ourselves to a very delicious afternoon tea after the movie. Going to have to go for a big walk this afternoon I think.

1 comment:

Jody Pearl said...

You are ridiculously clever making this quilting/handpiecing and stitiching lark look so easy…you give me hope as I'm still working on my first a year later.

Haven't seen Alice yet however took the youngest to see 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' and had a similar experience - glad we went however enjoyed it mostly because of the kiwi connection and scenery.

You can't beat good company and a delicious scone. x