Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rain

Today is a day for sleeping in and listening to the rain on the roof. Maybe curling up in your favourite chair and reading the latest novel. It's a good baking day, filling the kitchen with warm smells of cakes and biscuits. The aroma filling the house. It is not a good day for pruning neglected roses, or pulling the weeds that are poking their heads up everywhere. It's also not a good day to wash sheets and towels, the school uniforms or the work clothes.
Today I won't be pruning those poor roses but I will be washing the towels and sheets and anything else that needs doing. Laundry Style decor is starting to grow on me!. No sleeping in, or reading (well maybe just a few pages) No baking either. Today I have an appointment with the computer and the ATO. Hopefully it will be a profitable day!!!!!

6 comments:

crzylady said...

i have been so busy I haven't had time to visit my favourite people! The place looks lovely. Sorry you don't get to sleep in but I hope you have a profitable day as well!

mel @ loved handmade said...

Aarggh, tax! Every year we try to be so organised but it's always still such a big job. Hope it's a good one for you too!

Miss Muggins said...

yes nothing beats a lie in to the sound of rain. Perhaps a bit of stitching and a cup of coffee. Sorry your experience was not to be like mine! Had my tax done on Friday by my accountant!

Countin' Crows - Chris said...

Aghhh ...don't worry about the tax..have a lie in, read that book and relax a little...after all you have 'til March next year before they yell at you...lol

Hey...why don't you hop in the car and come and help me with the quilting homework you gave me????....now doesn't that sound like more fun than doing the tax???? ....hmmmmm xxxxxxxxx

Jackie said...

Tax is done!! I'm getting a cheque not sending one so it was worth the sacrifice of the sleep in. As for your Quilting homework Chris....you have until July next year before I yell at you!!! lol if I come visit we will be doing other stuff..

MO said...

wow I simply loved the peacefull atmosphere you described, you actually made me wish it was raining so that I was able to do that (because it's not the same without the rain) although I probably couldn' have created the same atmosphere since I do not cook (and it's also not the same without the warm smell of cakes and biscuits)