Monday, July 22, 2013

Taking a break

Just over a week ago I headed off to my sisters at Batemans Bay.It was nice to have a week of warm days and being by the sea.



I saw Dolphins in the distance


Spent time with Buzz


 And Dave


 Celebrated my nephew's 18th Birthday



 My husband and daughter came over on Friday and Saturday morning my brother in law took us out fishing


 More Dolphins, much closer this time.



 Pelicans waiting for us when we got back to the boat ramp


 Nick was very proud of one of the fish she caught


 We had a reasonably good few hours fishing. We popped out and bought some Oysters and Prawns to go with the fish and had a seafood banquet for dinner on Saturday night.

Sunday was another beautiful day of sunshine and warmth.


We stopped and checked out the pirate ship 'Notorious' on our way home from the Market.


It was really hard coming home to this. Snow on the mountain near our house, rain and freezing cold. It is enough to make me wonder whether I should be moving to where I was warm for a lovely week!

5 comments:

DEB said...

Notorious sure gets around. Wasn't that long ago it was here in Tassy.

Ava said...

Funny how we both trod the same boards of Notorious ... Glad you had good weather xx

Barb said...


Hi Jackie, I'm glad you had a great week catching up and celebrating with your family. We often go to Batemans Bay too for a warm seaside break! The dolphins are lovely! My hubby and daughter even saw a fairy penguin swim by them in the ocean on one of our visits! :)

Andrea said...

Oh nothing like getting away for a break and to the seaside even better!! Looks like you had a great time and all that lovely sunshine.....Probably forgotten now! how is the weather up your way today? pretty miserable here but today I'm out and about doing chores, no optus coverage at present so I've dropped into the library to check emails and say hello. Hope your weekends a good one.X

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh know the feeling of living in the frost and cold, same here. But how nice to get away for a week to the coast, glad you had a nice time Jackie. x