Sunday, June 30, 2013

Living in the 70's


Last night my brother and sister in law, Steph threw a 70's themed party using Steph's birthday last week as an excuse. It was such a fun night and everybody came dressed up. I managed to dig up some gypsy style clothes that were popular in the late part of the 70's and even found some of the beads I bought when I was about 16!, Some were hippies and others wore the more trendier mid 70's garb. Platform shoes, sandals, boots, blue eyeshadow, headbands and afro wigs were in abundance, there was even an original dress or two in there.  All the party food was 70's themed from Pigs in blankets and curried eggs to Fondue.  We drank cocktails and listened to 70's music and we even managed a dance or two. Everyone was pretty reluctant to end the night but I am sure that my son's mate was relieved when I finally rang him to come pick me up at 2 this morning. I am really enjoying the boys picking me up from a party-pay back for all the years I have been doing it for them!

5 comments:

Jody Pearl said...

Great outfits [which one's you jackie?] - we knew how to party and what to eat in the 70's!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

What hilarious fun Jackie! The '70's were a special time to be sure! ~*~Lisa

Elisha said...

looks like you had fun! love the 70's fashions!

quilary said...

Priceless! Even if our fashion was bit dubious back then, the music was pretty good!

Andrea said...

What a FUN night you must of all had !! Just love the 70's music, Skyhooks, Sherbet, ACDC, and the clothes....Bob sometimes reminds me of the fashion then when he grows his muttonchops in Mowvember !!
Hope your keeping warm Jackie, yesterday we had a top of 5C and today not much better. Heaps of rain and now the creeks are flodding our dams and tanks are overflowing and the best part....sitting in front of the fire!!! XX