Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A simple but very delicious meal

 I'm not going to bore you with recipes to encourage you to eat the way we do now but tonight dinner was so good and so easy I thought that I you might want the recipe for these. I know that everyone has their own Pumpkin soup recipe and this is the one I have arrived at after a few years of experimenting.


Aromatic Pumpkin Soup

Olive oil for cooking
2 diced onions
5 large cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of chopped ginger
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
2 1/2 kg pumpkin, peeled and diced
4 litres of good quality chicken or vegetable stock
Heat oil in a large 6 litre pot and add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute until clear. Add pumpkin, curry powder and stock. Stir and cook on medium heat with the lid on for about 40 minutes or until cooked. Blend soup to your desired texture when cooled.

The Pizza is a recipe in the Women's Weekly- The 21 day diet planner cookbook ( a book I highly recommend, for quick and healthy meals) There may be only a few ingredients to this recipe but they combine to make an absolutely delicious pizza. 


Potato and Rosemary Pizza

2 medium potatoes sliced thinly
1 large pitta bread or a couple of smaller pitta breads
2 teaspoon of garlic-infused olive oil
1 1?2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves

Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender, drain.
Preheat oven to 220 C Line oven tray with baking paper
Place bread on tray; brush with half the oil. sprinkle with cheese; arrange potato slices, slightly overlapping over the cheese. 
Sprinkle pizza with herbs; drizzle with the remaining oil, season.
 Bake pizza about 15 minutes or until base is crisp.

6 comments:

Lisa - Sweet Little Pretties said...

Yum! Great recipes Jackie
Hope all is well x

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Oh man, my mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing Jackie! ~*~Lisa

Lib said...

Sounds yummy. Not a potato fan but the pizza looks delish!

Pam said...

You could be right about everyone having their own Pumpkin recipe Jackie and I do have one that is really easy too, but yours sounds maybe a tad(ok lots!) tastier than mine which doesn't have all those lovely spicy things in it. Think I might just have to try yours next time I put soup on the menu! :)
The pizza certainly sounds good, though I haven't had much success using pita breads in the past. But I'll give your recipe a try and see if I can improve on my luck. lol. Thanks for sharing. ♥

Barb said...

Hi Jackie, Your recipes sound great! Thanks for sharing them with us! :)

Andrea said...

Yep that pumpkin soup recipe sounds great, I love mine with a bit of spice too and a little Greek yogurt stirred through makes a great taste as well.
Have you received lots of rain and getting through your wood stack? We had a huge downpour this week and now all our tanks and dams are nearly full, yippee! Hope you have a great weekend. X