Thursday, September 26, 2013

Things Change.


I was recently given this tin and although it isn't in the best shape it has a couple of points that make it worth keeping on the shelf
My kids are having trouble getting there head around the fact that once ice-cream could be bought in a tin. Especially as the tin has rust inside it (that's because it's old) I suppose it probably wasn't the best way to do it but packaging wasn't quite as disposable back then as it is now.  Everything was recycled if possible although I don't think the term recycle had been invented then.
The second thing is that it proudly proclaims on the top of the tin, 'Artificially coloured and flavoured' .  Now days that poor tin of ice-cream would sit on the shelf forever. How times have changed.


I managed to get out and play on my new toy yesterday. The lawns looked lovely, especially as it only took me a couple of hours to get them done. Just like last time I mowed, there are strong winds today and they are covered in twigs and leaves. Cato is loving it, running around madly trying to catch everything that flies past, but poor Fred is hiding. He is such a sook of a cat!!!!
Dave and I have spent a lot of time working on a new garden bed at the side of the house. I managed to get a trailer load of soil for it this week and it is edged with sleepers that came from an old bridge in the area.It is looking amazing and when it has been planted I will put up some before and after photos.
Today it is back to the books. There has been so much going on this week that my study has been badly neglected, the lure of warm spring days is no help either!!!!!

2 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

That is a cool tin Jackie! Glad you are having fun on your tractor - good luck studying! ~*~Lisa

Andrea said...

Hi Jackie, love your new look ! Did you find room on a shelf for your new/old tin? I also noticed it has Made in Victoria, maybe from one of the old Co op dairy factories that were around. Its been pretty windy over our way too and the sunshine a welcome change !!! Lucky you a new ride-on, don't do what I did last week and throw up a stone, $186 for a new window !! X