Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Place and Yours : The 'Me' Wardrobe

Time once again for Meet me at Mike's Meme- My Place and Yours This week the Theme was chosen by Sandra. Sandra says What's your favourite item of clothing, the one that you feel special in, the most "you" in, keep going back to, can be spotted in by friends from miles away, wear over and over and hope will never fall apart and die? Perhaps you've even had to darn it already? (There's to keeping an old craft alive!) It might be a scarf that you made, a pair of gorgeous red high heels, a vintage printed dress or even a pair of old pink flannelette pyjamas. Or it can be more than one!
 My Wardrobe mainly consists of Jeans and  black tops with a little bit of colour thrown in on occassion. I love it when the winter comes and I can wear one of a dozen coats and one of a multitude of scarves. Love scarves!!!!!!
Most of my Coats are Vintage that I have found in Op Shops and this is my very very favourite one that is worn a lot more than any of the others.

It is pure wool with lovely big buttons and sits just below the hip. Usually there is a Vintage Brooch pinned on it somewhere. Well after I bought it a friend told me how glad she was that I had bought it and was wearing it. Turned out it was her Grandma's who had passed away a few years before.
Little black shoes are another 'never be without' item in my wardrobe. I wear them till they literally fall apart then get another pair. They are great as they cover everything from casual to sort of dressed up.


The very sad thing is that I still have the last two pairs that I have worn out.....can't bear to part with them!
Of all my Black T's and tops this is my favourite and is usually the first one I grab if it is clean.

My teen crush. One of my middle son's friends was wearing it one day when he was here and as soon as I saw it I wanted it. Anyway, I made him promise to give it to me when he got over it. AND HE DID!!!
Love it now the boys are grown and they wear clothes I can fit into.
There are other things I wear to death but they are so near death they are pretty disgusting so this will do.
Sadly this is the last week Meet Me at Mike's will be hosting this particular Meme. Possibly someone else will take it on and you can continue popping in to have a look at My Place.
MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Love those shoes! Black, always classic...

Sandra Eterovic said...

I love your jacket: lovely green, it looks so cosy and like you could wear it with anything. And how lovely that it belonged to someone (you kind of) know!!! My favourite is the Fonz t-shirt -- that made me giggle! Thank you very much for your post.

74 Lime Lane said...

your wardrobe sounds similar to mine ~ jeans and lots of black. and i love winter too when you can throw on a scarf, especially to hide not so flattering necklines (why do i bu those tops).
Anyhow, love the jacket. And what a lovely story!