Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Lovely Weekend

My daughter Nicky and her boyfriend Ben came home yesterday afternoon for the night.. It is Nick's Birthday tomorrow and we had a early Birthday dinner last night for her. Then we headed out in the paddock where a few years worth of garden debris has been stacked up and put a match or two or three to it..It was a massive fire which is still burning and will continue to burn for a few days yet I think.
We had Sparklers and of course Marshmallows, cooked on very , very long sticks!!!
Yesterday was one of those Foggy days where the Fog started to lift as the next lot came in and as I tried to take photos with my not so wonderful camera.......
The Fog started to get thicker until all I could get was this.......
I spent the afternoon making the Birthday Cake to Nicky's specifications. I had thought that these sort of cakes were in the past for me as my children are all young adults now.
But no, a triceratops was asked for and this is what she got. It was fun doing the cake, brought back memories of Tractor and Bailer cakes, Music boxes, Koala's, Yellow Mini Cars and the like.
So all that we had to do after dancing (not really) around the Bonfire was blow out the candles. And of course there were Presents too!!
More Fog when we woke today but eventually the day came out nice and we fired up the old copper which now does duty as a Fire pot, threw the BBQ plate on it and had a leisurely BBQ lunch.
Of course it was the perfect day to have a nice Nanna nap late in the afternoon (not just me either) Nothing like snuggling up on a cool Winter afternoon for an hour or two.
Left overs and Golden Syrup Dumplings was a nice easy dinner for us tonight before Nick and Ben packed up and headed home.
It really was a lovely weekend!!!

5 comments:

a.k.a tokyo said...

I am glad you enjoyed it Jackie. It was an awesome weekend and exactly what i wanted to celebrate my birthday!Thankyou :)

Jackie said...

Your Welcome Mate. Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!! xxx

crzylady said...

looks a ton of fun! What a relaxing weekend :)

Countin' Crows - Chris said...

Sounds like you had a ball!...nothing like sharing good times with family is there?....Happy Birthday Nicky...what a wonderful mum you have! xxx

Jenny's Place Online said...

Glad you had such a lovely weekend, and birthday for Nicky. All the best, Jenny