Friday, July 1, 2011

In my Garden this week

The days are cold and foggy here with a couple of hours of sunshine in the afternoon, typical winter in the mountains. Yesterday I saw a beautiful splash of colour in the back garden and managed to get a couple of photos before he flew away. (I really need a better lens on my camera)

Cato is still earning her keep as you can see. I just wish those little mice weren't so cute!
That was in my Garden yesterday. 

I headed off  an hour ago to take a friend into town to catch a bus. She is off to Alice Springs for a couple of weeks and I hope it's warmer there than here. The trip sounds fantastic but the highlight for her I think is going up in a hot air balloon. That is one thing I would like to do. I hope that when I am in my 70's as she is I will be able to do what she does.
I have to go to work today for the first time in 5 months only because it is stock take day. I think it will be a very long day. It's also my son's Birthday today and I managed to get his cake cooked yesterday though it will probably be Take Away for dinner. Tomorrow I'm off to the coast for the weekend, for our nieces engagement party.  It will be nice to catch up with family and spend a few days with my Mum. Maybe I can get a few winter photos of the coast, they'll certainly be different from the ones I took in February.

2 comments:

Countin' Crows - Chris said...

Have a great time on the weekend Jackie...travel safe
Hugs, Chris xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,

Lovely pics- you definitely have some beautiful birds in your garden! :) Barb x