Monday, March 11, 2013

Pickin' Peaches in the Dark.

Driving down the lane to the farm, just past the hayshed to the right is a peach tree. Yesterday as I was going to help get wood I noticed golden peaches all over the tree and the thought briefly crossed my mind that I should find some time soon to go and pick some. When Nicky came back from Albury yesterday I suggested we head out there in the evening to pick some and cook them up for her to take back. Well one thing led to another and by the time we left it was coming up to 8pm, still light but fading fast with storm clouds building over the hills. I needed to fill the milk bucket as well so off we went.
So here we were with the Rocky under the tree so we could stand on it and my car parked on an angle so the headlights could give us some light and this is what we came home with. The kitchen smells like peaches and I haven't even started cooking them yet!

3 comments:

The Moonlit Stitch said...

LOL, What a great memory Jackie! What a great Haul! Oh...when we lived in Germany, I remember the peaches a farmer would bring in to the base - huge and so sweet and juicy! YUM! Enjoy!!! ~*~Lisa

Pam said...

Oh Jackie, a kitchen smelling of peaches sounds divine! Bet they'll taste divine too! ♥

Andrea said...

Now were these from your own tree?
My favorite dessert at the moment is a peach cut in half, a spoon of honey on the top then baked in the oven for 20 mins.....yummo with ice cream!