Saturday, May 31, 2014

If you're in the mood.....

When I had lunch boxes to fill and constantly hungry children, baking was a weekly event.  Now days I have to be in the mood to bake. On Wednesday I decided that I needed to put something in the lovely big glass jar I recently bought and Chocolate Chip cookies seemed appropriate. 


They have been a favourite in our house for a long time.


Then a lovely batch of scones to fill another big jar.


It was such a miserable day I decided that a steak and veg pie would be very nice for our dinner. Having no ready made puff pastry sheets in the freezer didn't stop me, I was in a baking mood remember. I found a recipe and made my own. I was really happy with my made from scratch pie. 
The boys were pretty happy to find some home made biscuits and scones in the house for a change, I'm sure they are hoping that I will be 'in the mood' again very soon.