Sunday, August 3, 2014

Snow.

Yes I know I have been quiet but life as usual just seems to get in the way of sitting and updating the Back Shed. I have had a quick trip over to Lakes Entrance in the past fortnight and it was lovely. So much warmer over there. About once or twice over the Winter we might get a dusting of snow on the hills around the town. This year it is slightly more than a dusting. I got up a couple of Fridays ago to get ready for work and out of every window I could see snow. It was a bit of a worry not knowing if I would be driving through any of it to get to work. Anyway..........I grabbed my camera and took some photos. T'was a little bit chilly out there in my dressing gown and slippers but a hot shower soon warmed me up.




 Mt Elliot and the little bald spot where the hang gliders launch them selves from in the Summer.

We rarely see snow on the hills behind Thougla , but there it was!!!

There was snow on the hills nearly all the way to work but none on the road thank goodness.
Friday afternoon it happened again and I drove home in a Winter wonderland. There must be something about Fridays. I am really looking forward to Spring and a bit warmer weather.
I have been doing a lot of reading over the Winter, nice by the fire with the dog on my knee and a book in my hand.

Something I want to share with you.......
One Early Bird is planning a Craft Getaway in the Upper Murray where we live.  The first Craft Getaway Weekend is planned for 19th, 20th & 21st of September (Friday night arrival to Sunday afternoon) and bookings will open on the 10th of August. Michelle has a .Survey just to get an idea of what should be offered over the weekend.  Plus one lucky person who leaves their email address on the survey by August 10th will get a little crafty gift made by Michelle. Anyone interested should jump on board because this is one very talented lady.



3 comments:

One Earlybird said...

Thanks for sharing the link Jackie and recommendation.

Jody Pearl said...

Listening to Macca I thought of you this morning - seems Victoria is the state of extremes.

Andrea said...

Hi Jackie !!! oh I do love snow especially watching if fall its so pretty. Must admit loving the warmer weather down here.....and found a great yoga class in Lakes! seem to be there every second day!