Thursday, August 4, 2011

When I grow old.........

This is Edna. She was the local Pre School teacher in Corryong for over 30 years and was there when all of my children went to Pre school.  She is now nearing 80 and still loves to have a go at new things. Last year horse riding was offered locally during Seniors week and she was the only one that went.  She wants to ride pillion on a motor bike just one more time because when she was a child she often went on the motor bike with her Father.  She still has a child like enthusiasm for life and when I grow up I want to have that too!

8 comments:

Enchanted Moments said...

fabulous...absolutely.

Hazel said...

my.mum.is.also.an.Edna.and.she.is.almost.95.
The.thing.she.has.taught.me.over.the.last.15-20.years,is.that.we.are.never.'finished',and.are.always.a.work.in.progress...so.long.as.we.are.willing.to.give.it.a.go...just.like.your.Edna.

mel @ loved handmade said...

me too! Good for her, what fun!

simplestitches said...

good on her!
stay young and young at heart....
I know some lovely oldies..late 80's... that both still go dancing every weekend...and you would not think they were that age to look at either of them...

crzylady said...

That is GREAT inspiration!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Yes, stay young at heart- that's the best way to be! Life is meant to be enjoyed! :)

Barb x

Melinda22 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I want to bungy jump does that count ?? although I don't know if the elastic would hold my 56yr old weight !!!!