Thursday, April 4, 2013

Afternoon drive.

 Thirty something years ago when I was working in the bank we got a new manager who had four gorgeous kids. The youngest of them, Andrew, was barely a year old and he used to toddle off from his mum and come knocking on the back door of the bank. We taught him to jump off the counter and we would catch him, much to his mother's dismay and we won't even comment on what his father thought...........
Even though  Andy left Corryong 15 years ago we still keep in touch, and he has grown up to be a lovely man. A while ago he bought himself a car and it wasn't just any old commodore or ford. Oh no, he had to go and buy himself the one car I have always aspired to own one day......a Mazda RX8, My family all wonder what the big deal is and I'm not sure why I am so enamoured with them either but I have been ever since the first RX came out many many years ago.

So today a small part of my dream came true when Andy came to visit and I got to drive this. Now I am more determined than ever to have one.


We all have our dreams and some have no rhyme or reason but without our dreams we would have no reason to get up in the morning..........would we?

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Go Jackie!!!! follow that dream !!
Mine is to visit Italy again and Hubby's to ride his new(going to look at it on Sat) motorbike to Perth !Hope your having a great week.

Jody Pearl said...

....and the funny thing about dreams is that sometimes come true...and this might be a sign that yours is getting closer Jackie!

The Moonlit Stitch said...

I believe in your dream Jackie! If you work toward it you can achieve it. I love that car! I have a silly dream of restoring vintage cars one day. I know nothing about them, but they catch my eye (like quilt fabric). Have a great day (VROOM!) ~*~Lisa

Pam said...

I definitely agree with the other ladies Jackie! Go for it and if you succeed..........I'll come down for a ride in it!!!!! lol. Keep well and happy. ♥xxx

Anonymous said...

As the other ladies have said, GO FOR IT !!........can I come for a drive tooo :p